Fort Garry Women's Resource Centre is a not-for-profit, feminist organization supporting women to engage in healthy life choices for themselves and their families through innovative and responsive programming and excellence in service.
Fort Garry Women's Resource Centre is committed to creating a community where women & children are safe, healthy, valued and empowered.
FGWRC's Herstory ( adapted from a former FGWRC newsletter article in 1994)
Who Can Access FGWRC Services?
The Centre is open to all women regardless of their cultural, racial, economic, social, religious and spiritual backgrounds. We are welcoming of individuals with differing experiences and those of differing abilities, ages and sizes. We welcome self-identified-women who identify as either heterosexual, lesbian, bisexual, trans, transsexual, or intersex.
What Does Women-Only Centre Mean?
FGWRC is a women-only Centre offering services to any self-identified-women. FGWRC strives to offer a comfortable and respectful space that is inclusive and sensitive to oppressions and issues that may be facing women using our services.
What Does Self-Identified-Woman Mean?
Self-identified-woman refers to any person who currently identifies as a woman, including, trans, transsexual, and intersex women.
The object shall be the operation of a Centre for women providing information, referrals, outreach, supportive counselling, and public education workshops.
FGWRC is open to all women from Winnipeg & surrounding areas. All programs and services are free of charge (unless otherwise noted) and are available through self-referral.The Centre is a scent-free space.
- It shall be the policy of the Centre to incorporate a feminist philosophy, i.e., supporting the rights of women to be full and equal members of society.
- It shall be the policy of the Centre to promote tolerance within its sphere of operation. Discrimination based on employment status, ancestry, citizenship, age, race, creed, socio-economic status, religious or political affiliation, marital status, family status, physical or mental capacity, sexual orientation or sexual identity is prohibited.
- It shall be the policy of the Centre to ensure that all women share an equal opportunity to access services. Furthermore, no woman will be denied serviced based on her ability to compensate the Centre.
- It shall be the policy of the Centre to design and deliver services and programs in a manner that promotes self-esteem, independence, individual decision-making, and recognize the individuals' own declarations of needs and preferences.
- It shall be the policy of the Centre that people who use the Centre have the right to confidentiality and privacy with regard to any type of contact with the Centre. The Centre shall have written policies and procedures in place to ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of women is respected.
May 23, 2013
Technology Safety: A Workshop for Community Women
The workshop will include information on how to use technology such as computers, cell phones and camera’s safely. It will also provide information on safe social networking, privacy protection and legal implications that may arise.
May 27, 2013
Outreach Open Clothing Room
Please come and access our free clothing room for women and children !
June 4, 2013
Intro to Human Rights & Equality Law
A Workshop for Community Women
June 10, 2013
Outreach Open Clothing Room
Come and check out our clothing room and resources!